Seeing Machines has developed the world’s most advanced human data-driven technology which enhances transport safety by dramatically reducing fatal accidents every day. We’re on a mission to achieve zero transport fatalities.
With at least 1 million cars on the road using our state-of-the-art operator monitoring technology developed by the passionate team at Seeing Machines, we provide real-time protection from distraction and drowsiness-related driving events. Seeing Machines works with many of the world’s leading brands (including General Motors, Mercedes Benz, Qantas, Caterpillar, Toll) across the transport sectors automotive, commercial road transport (Fleet), and aviation.
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Employment Term: Full Time, Permanent
Reporting To: AP Team Leader
The Accounts Payable Officer is a key member of the finance team who provides administrative and clerical support to the company. This position is responsible for end-to-end Accounts Payable process, including but not limited to reconciliations, business and vendor liaison, Vendor payments, reporting of Accounts Payable information, as well as providing analytical and communications expertise to key stakeholders.
If it sounds a bit like you – read on for more information below and Apply!
- Contribute to the process of documenting business processes and accounting policies in relation to accounts payable.
- Ensuring all correct approvals are being provided by Stakeholders and are in line with Seeing Machine’s DOA.
- Ensuring timely posting of supplier invoices into the accounts payable system.
- Preparing and processing of fortnightly payment runs and ensuring they are done on time.
- Assisting in the half and full year Audit process and preparing supporting workpapers.
- Following up all queries relating to overdue transactions, resolving invoice discrepancies and other related issues in a timely manner
- Providing high level customer service to all internal and external stakeholders
- Maintaining the Accounts Payable mailbox daily
- Verification of invoices against purchase orders and ensuring goods or services were received before issuing payment to vendors
- Accurate and timely processing of invoices
- Processing of supplier transactions, completing supplier account reconciliations
- Preparation of payment schedule for review and approval prior to each pay run
- Processing of fortnightly payment run (This includes several FX payments)
- Setup of payment templates in our banking systems (HSBC)
- Assistance with bank reconciliations for all Seeing Machine group companies.
- Setting up prepayment schedules in the finance system
- Assist with Intercompany journal entries.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- An understanding of basic book-keeping and accounting skills is required.
- A degree in Finance, Business Studies or Accounting would be beneficial
- 3+ years’ experience as an Accounts Payable Officer or similar Finance/Purchasing role.
- Exposure to an end-to-end Account Payable function and clear understanding of the processing to achieve this.
- Exposure to NetSuite, is advantageous or other similar ERP systems.
- Working knowledge of GST, VAT, Withholding Taxes (and other relevant taxes) and willingness to learn as Seeing Machines grows domestically and internationally.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills, particularly with MS Excel (formulas and pivots) and MS Outlook
Why Seeing Machines
- Being part of something meaningful - We are inventive, innovative and collaborative and are making a real difference to safety on roads, all around the world
- Work flexibly – we encourage our people to manage their work and personal lives to achieve a balanced outcome
- Diversely Strong - We are global, Seeing Machines serves a growing market in the UK, Europe, Africa, North America, Latin America, and Asia Pacific
- We are focused on employee support and understand the importance of our collective wellbeing. You will have access to our Employee Assistance Program any time you require it
- We reward and recognise achievement. You will have access to our global benefits and reward platform.
For more information, visit: http://www.seeingmachines.com
Seeing Machines acknowledges Traditional Owners of Country throughout Australia and recognizes the continuing connection to lands, waters and communities. We pay our respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, and to Elders past, present and emerging.