Seeing Machines (SM) is the world leader in the field of Safety-AI and prides itself on developing technologies that save lives, for real!
Around the globe and at any time of the day, there are hundreds of thousands of cars on the roads that are using state-of-the-art operator monitoring technology developed by Seeing Machines which provides real-time protection from distraction and drowsy-related driving events. Seeing Machines works with the world’s leading brands (eg. General Motors, Mercedes Benz, Qantas, Caterpillar, Toll) across multiple transport sectors of automotive, commercial road transport (Fleet), and aviation to enhance safety.
Inside Seeing Machine’s innovation engine, Machine Intelligence is an elite capability consisting of world-class researchers from the field of deep learning, machine learning, computer vision and embedded systems. Come, join us and help us design cars of the future!
About the role:
- Proactive in gathering data collection and labelling requirements through consultation with the key stakeholders.
- Lead development of data collection and labelling protocols by soliciting and sharing technical feedback from the key stakeholders.
- Develop design of experiments for data collections considering feature/product development requirements.
- Lead data collection, curation, and labelling activities in accordance with the approved protocols.
- Proactive in the development of data collection setups in-vehicle/simulator in line with project requirements.
- Drive acquiring data collection props and accessories in line with data collection project execution timelines.
- Develop and utilize cutting-edge data collection technologies to perform complex data collection activities involving human participants.
- Lead QA process and provide feedback on data collection & labelling quality to the internal team members and external data suppliers.
- Train Data Acquisition Specialists and Engineering Assistants to perform data collection activities.
- Providing technical expertise on data collection for the engineering community.
- Proactive in the development of Seeing Machines Data Strategy suite in line with industry standard.
- WBS Estimates for RFIs/RFQs
We value the breadth and depth of experience that our people bring to their work. We are seeking people with a good mix of technical competency and personal capability.
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science, Software/Electronics/Mechanical/Mechatronics/Systems Engineering, or demonstrated equivalent industry experience
- 4+ years commercial experience in developing design of experiments, data collection protocols, setups, processes including execution.
- Commercial experience in requirements gathering and writing technical documents and reports.
- Excellent image or video data management skills.
- Commercial experience in utilizing cutting-edge data collection technologies and tools.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and Google Suite tools.
- Experience in developing scripts in Python for general data processing.
- Experience in technical supervisory role, especially in image/video data collection, processing, and labelling.
Why Seeing Machines
- We are inventive, innovative and collaborative and are making a real difference to safety on roads, all around the world
- Work flexibly – we encourage our people to manage their work and personal lives to achieve a balanced outcome
- We are global, Seeing Machines serves a growing market in the UK, Europe, Africa, North America, Latin America, and Asia Pacific
- We are focused on employee support and understand the importance of our collective wellbeing. You will have access to our Employee Assistance Program any time you require it
- We reward and recognise achievement. You will have access to our global benefits and reward platform
- We are lucky enough to have fresh fruit supplied daily and if you work in Canberra, you'll have access to free parking.
For more information, visit: http://www.seeingmachines.com
Seeing Machines acknowledges Traditional Owners of Country throughout Australia and recognises the continuing connection to lands, waters and communities. We pay our respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures; and to Elders past, present and emerging.