Seeing Machines has developed the world’s most advanced human data-driven technology which enhances transport safety by dramatically reducing fatal accidents every day. We’re on a mission to achieve zero transport fatalities.
With at least 1 million cars on the road using our state-of-the-art operator monitoring technology developed by the passionate team at Seeing Machines, we provide real-time protection from distraction and drowsiness-related driving events. Seeing Machines works with many of the world’s leading brands (including General Motors, Mercedes Benz, Qantas, Caterpillar, Toll) across the transport sectors automotive, commercial road transport (Fleet), and aviation.
Employment Term: Full Time, Permanent
Reporting To: General Counsel
Senior Legal Counsel is responsible for the delivery of legal services to SM business units, executive management and other key decision makers to support the achievement of strategic objectives while protecting against unacceptable legal risk. This position is focused on achieving the objectives of the SM Legal Team which includes providing legal advice across a diverse range of subject areas.
Our Legal team is a close-knit team of diverse, results driven people who love what they do.
If it sounds a bit like you – read on for more information below, and Apply!
- Provide advice on sales, distribution and licensing agreements including drafting, reviewing and negotiating a high volume of critical matters.
- Provide advice in support of routine transactional matters including non-disclosure and other contracts in support of the company.
- Manage complex legal matters and projects with regular stakeholder engagement in the areas of supply chain, distribution and regulatory compliance.
- Critically analyse legal risks related to new products and services, including penetration into new markets.
- Develop and manage a suite of precedents utilising in-house software to manage documents.
Refer to the position description document for more details.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Admitted as a Solicitor in the Supreme Court of an Australian Jurisdiction;
- Minimum of 8 years PQE of which 3 years must have occurred in-house in a corporate environment;
- Demonstrated ability to advise on a broad range of legal issues which may include contracts, corporate, commercial, intellectual property, corporate governance and privacy;
- Ability to prioritise and manage a high volume of work;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to distill complex legal concepts into accessible legal advice;
- Significant experience in intellectual property law and commercialisation would be highly regarded; and
- Strong commercial acumen with corporate experience.
Why Seeing Machines
- Being part of something meaningful - We are inventive, innovative and collaborative and are making a real difference to safety on roads, all around the world
- Work flexibly – we encourage our people to manage their work and personal lives to achieve a balanced outcome
- Diversely Strong - We are global, Seeing Machines serves a growing market in the UK, Europe, Africa, North America, Latin America, and Asia Pacific
- We are focused on employee support and understand the importance of our collective wellbeing. You will have access to our Employee Assistance Program any time you require it
- We reward and recognise achievement. You will have access to our global benefits and reward platform.
For more information, visit: http://www.seeingmachines.com
*For Aus roles –
Seeing Machines acknowledges Traditional Owners of Country throughout Australia and recognises the continuing connection to lands, waters and communities. We pay our respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures; and to Elders past, present and emerging.
About the company: