Seeing Machines is a cutting-edge technology company specialising in computer vision and machine learning solutions for the automotive, aviation, and industrial sectors. Our mission is to improve safety, productivity, and efficiency by developing advanced computer vision technology and artificial intelligence systems.
About the opportunity
Are you a talented and experienced DevOps Engineer looking for an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact in a dynamic and innovative organisation? We're searching for a skilled DevOps Engineer to join our team and work closely with our Machine Learning Scientists improving how Seeing Machines develops, trains and deploys algorithms to support driver and occupant monitoring. In this key role, you will play a pivotal role in automating and streamlining our operations, ensuring the efficient and reliable delivery of our cutting-edge software products and services.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Design, build, and maintain automated deployment pipelines to support continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) processes.
- Develop and maintain automation scripts using Python or similar scripting languages.
- Work closely with the development and operations teams to architect, deploy, and manage cloud-based infrastructure on platforms such as AWS or GCP.
- Utilise container-based technologies like Docker and Kubernetes to manage and scale applications effectively.
- Implement monitoring and logging solutions to proactively identify issues, troubleshoot problems, and optimize system performance.
- Continuously evaluate and improve existing processes and systems, adopting new technologies and best practices to enhance efficiency and reliability.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including developers, QA, and operations, to ensure smooth and efficient project delivery.
We value the breadth and depth of experience that our people bring to their work. We are seeking people with a good mix of technical competency and personal capability, including the ability to work effectively in a team and respond cooperatively to the requirements of other company members. Combined with excellent interpersonal skills, you will display a positive attitude and enthusiasm for continuous improvement with the ability to champion ideas and achieve consensus within a team.
It is expected that you will have:
- Experience working with large datasets, ideally containing images and videos.
- Experience with source control systems such as git/Perforce or similar.
- Experience with CI tools such as Jenkins.
- A bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent tertiary qualification.
How to apply
To apply, please include an updated resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in the role and how you could make a difference at Seeing Machines.
About Seeing Machines
We are a global company founded in 2000 and headquartered in Australia, and an industry leader in vision-based monitoring technology that enable machines to see, understand and assist people.
Seeing Machines develops Driver and Operator Monitoring System (DMS) technology to enhance safety for Automotive, Commercial Fleet, Off-road and Aviation.
Seeing Machines' technology portfolio of AI algorithms, embedded processing and optics, power products that need to deliver reliable understanding of vehicle operators, in real-time.
The technology spans the critical measurement of where a driver or operator is looking, through to the classification of their cognitive state as it applies to accident risk. Reliable "driver state" measurement is the end-goal of DMS technology.
Seeing Machines has offices in Australia, USA, Europe and Asia, and supplies technology solutions and services to world-leading brands in each market vertical.
Why Seeing Machines
- Work with inspiring people - we are proud to have a team of experts in their field, we invent, innovate, and collaborate
- Work flexibly - we encourage our people to manage their work and personal lives to achieve a balanced outcome
- With offices spanning the world, Seeing Machines serves a growing market in the UK, Europe, Africa, North America, Latin America, and Asia Pacific
- We are social with staff events held throughout the year, from BBQs, morning teas, to special events and other celebrations
- We are focused on employee support- we understand the importance of our collective wellbeing! You will have access to our Employee Assistance Program any time you require it
- Access to global benefits and reward platform - offering discounts across large range of retailers
- We are lucky enough to have fresh fruit supplied daily.
For more information, visit: http://www.seeingmachines.com
Seeing Machines acknowledges Traditional Owners of Country throughout Australia and recognises the continuing connection to lands, waters and communities. We pay our respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures; and to Elders past, present and emerging.