Seeing Machines (SM) is the world leader in the field of Safety-AI and prides itself on developing technologies that save lives, for real!
Around the globe and at any time of the day, there are hundreds of thousands of cars on the roads that are using state-of-the-art operator monitoring technology developed by Seeing Machines which provides real-time protection from distraction and drowsy-related driving events. Seeing Machines works with the world’s leading brands (eg. General Motors, Mercedes Benz, Qantas, Caterpillar, Toll) across multiple transport sectors of automotive, commercial road transport (Fleet), and aviation to enhance safety.
Inside Seeing Machine’s innovation engine, Machine Intelligence is an elite capability consisting of world-class researchers from the field of deep learning, machine learning, computer vision and embedded systems. Come, join us and help us design cars of the future!
About this role:
- Formalise, communicate and drive Seeing Machine’s data strategy
- Lead and develop the data teams (20 people)
- Formalise and enhance data engineering practices and overall technology/platform
- Evaluate new technologies and emerging solutions to ensure continuous development of our platform
- Develop strategic alliance with external supplier(s) to support in design & delivery
- Align business objectives with data roadmap
We value the breadth and depth of experience that our people bring to their work. We are seeking people with a good mix of technical competency and personal capability.
- Commercial experience in data science and data engineering principles, including the machine learning lifecycle, DataOps and MLOps
- Highly motivated strategic thinker with a proven track record to develop and deliver strategic and operational planning
- People leadership and management experience
- Self-start able to lead projects from start to finish while managing competing priorities in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication with the ability to build relationships both internally and externally
Why Seeing Machines
- We are inventive, innovative and collaborative and are making a real difference to safety on roads, all around the world
- Work flexibly – we encourage our people to manage their work and personal lives to achieve a balanced outcome
- We are global, Seeing Machines serves a growing market in the UK, Europe, Africa, North America, Latin America, and Asia Pacific
- We are focused on employee support and understand the importance of our collective wellbeing. You will have access to our Employee Assistance Program any time you require it
- We reward and recognise achievement. You will have access to our global benefits and reward platform
- We are lucky enough to have fresh fruit supplied daily and if you work in Canberra, you'll have access to free parking.
For more information, visit: http://www.seeingmachines.com
Seeing Machines acknowledges Traditional Owners of Country throughout Australia and recognises the continuing connection to lands, waters and communities. We pay our respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures; and to Elders past, present and emerging.